Monday, March 3, 2014

An intimate dinner for the people I love...














There is SO much JOY in helping people create memorable events to celebrate the ones they love but when given the opportunity to work on your own event it is truly AMAZING... Coming from Australia I live very far away from my family and I am often terribly homesick for them. But over the years I have found friends in Los Angeles who have truly become the family that I have found for myself. So it was with so much LOVE that I created a very special dinner party to celebrate all of the wonderful people I am blessed to call friends. 
I love GOLD and WHITE as a color combination and I love using feathers as decor so it was with all of this in mind that I created my dinner party oh and glitter too!!. I knew I wanted to use some rustic wood elements and as I live in Laurel Canyon I possibly wanted to incorporate the peace sign . I found a fantastic branch in my garden that I knew it would make  a wonderful chandelier. I had originally thought to hang hand glitter dipped feathers only from the wood but as I had elements of lace throughout I realized it may be better to hang lace material and ribbon as some bird flu phobes may not like all the feathers over the dinner table. I did sneak feathers into vases on the table as well as in the table setting head pieces. I also found an old wooden plank near the trash cans and realized that it would make a FANTASTIC table runner - which it did. Oh and the price was right too!! As we live in a small CABIN I knew I didn't really have the room for a fall bar so I thought the bathroom next to the dining room can be the bar. So I made a burlap and lace banner that said "Le Bar Le Bain" and hung it over the bathroom door. I filled the bath tub with ice and VOILA the perfect bar.
I glittered white roses with gold and made ice-cubes with them I filled little vases with my favorite flowers - peonies of course and I hand wrote each of the menus wanting it to be as personal as possible.
When guests arrived I had one of my TALENTED COOP employees shoot a Polaroid and then put the photo in a SNOW GLOBE which I had decorated with gold ribbon it really was the PERFECT parting gift and very easy to do.
When it came time to create my peace sign of lights outside the living room window I just couldn't get the shape right and really wasn't feeling it. My husband Todd then said how about a heart and honestly at first I thought "nope a hearts too cheesy too obvious". Todd then said lets give it a try and I am so glad he did. In every picture you can see the heart reflected in some way and it really sums up the entire magical evening - pure heart!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment